Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication
Promoting Food, Environmental, and Social Sustainability
Welcome to the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communication (ALEC) in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
We develop leaders, educators, and communicators to engage in food systems that are environmentally and socially sustainable through a diverse and multi-disciplinary curriculum. Our vision is to empower communities toward food, environmental, and social sustainability through leadership, education, and communication. Graduates work for positive social change in formal and non-formal educational settings in the context of agricultural and environmental education.
Check out Andrea Scarrow's testimonial about our Master degree program and how ALEC can support your career growth:
Ranger Nick Episodes on Georgia Farm Monitor
Videos open on YouTube:
- UGA Ag professor teaches unique ways to reach students
- Ranger Nick: Owls and owl boxes can benefit farmers
- Ranger Nick: Dead Trees and Logs
- Ranger Nick: Improving Wildlife Habitats
- Ranger Nick: Getting Kids More Involved With Nature
- Ranger Nick: Migrating Birds That Are Helping Farmers
ALEC Enrichment Fund